This is a simple brainstorming method designed to generate a very large number of ideas in a short period of time.
Download Activity Worksheet
What to do
- Create groups of 5-10 people.
- Have the group define a problem/issue the group will brainstorm on.
- Identify a moderator in each group.
- Invite the moderator to ask the group to generate 101 ideas in only 30 minutes while the moderator records the ideas on a flipchart.
- Once the ideas are generated have the group review the results and see what they can act upon.
- How did it feel to generate so many ideas in such a short span of time?
- Were you more “free” with your ideas because of the time constraint?
- Did you generate any ideas that surprised you?
- How could you employ this technique where you work?